To figure out whether you have warm or cool skin tone, review this checklist to e n l i g h t e n you:
1. V E I N S – check your inner wrists; WARM if your veins are more greenish and COOL if they are more on the blue side.
2. J E W E L R Y – WARM if you suit gold jewelry and COOL if silvers look more fab on you.
3. S U N E F F E C T – WARM if you have the ability to develop a golden tan and it is typical to have freckled skin too (EXCEPTION would be those on the extreme fair side like pale-warm toned Amy Adams who only burns) . COOL if you are fair and only burn, or if your medium to dark skinned you either burn, turn pink then develop a dark/bronzed tan.
4. C L O T H I N G – WARM if natural earth tones suit you: cream, beige, light peach, orange-reds, olive green, browns. COOL if white, black, blue based red, blue & purple compliments you best.
5. H A I R – WARM if your hair has golden/honey undertones. Think golden blonde, caramel and rich chocolate brown. COOL if you have blue undertones. Think ash blondes, deep reds, cool browns and jet black.
6. E Y E S – WARM if you have hazel, green, greenish-blue, amber or golden brown eyes. COOL if you have deep brown, black brown, gray blue or dark blue, hazel with gray flecks eyes.
Remember, there are different variations of warm and cool skin tones: you could be pale, fair, olive, medium or dark.
There is also such thing as NEUTRAL meaning you sway both ways (like me!)… If this is the case for you, you probably had mixed answers but one thing that is pretty certain is you will sway stronger to one side than the other.
Here are a some celebrity examples to help put it into context:
Amy Adams has a fair warm skin tone. She would apply to the warm group who is too fair to tan.
Ashley Olsen is also on the fair warm tone side too but also has the ability to tan. Her hair is on the lighter blonde side but has golden highlights coming through to compliment her skin tone.
Same applies for Jessica Biel – she has a fair warm tone and honey blonde hair really suits her.
Jennifer Aniston has a medium olive warm skin tone which enables her to achieve a glowing golden tan.
Jessica Alba is also medium olive warm toned and suits those honey blonde-brown locks and gold jewelry and clothes.
Beyonce is dark warm skin toned and gold suits her to the tee!
Moving into cool skin tone girls, Anne Hathaway has a fair cool tone which matches beautifully with blues and dark cool brown hair.
Rachel McAdams also has a fair cool skin tone with subtle pink undertones and this copper orange hair colour looks gorgeous on her.l
Lea Michele has cool olive skin tone and that white silver dress really makes her features pop.
Lupita Nyong’o is dark cool and that turquoise blue really works wonders on her skin tone.
I hope this post assists you when making your everyday beauty decisions.